DIVISION 1 AND DIVISION 3 COACH SELECTION PROCESS:
1. The Competitive Coaching Selection Committee (“CCSC”) will screen, conduct interviews,
rate and make recommendations to the Board for all head and assistant coaches in the
3. Head coach applicants must apply on time, with a complete application, and meet the
following minimum qualifications:
(a) Competitive Bronze coaching applicants must have at a minimum an F coaching
license. An E license must be obtained by September 15th of that soccer season.
(b) A coach not meeting the September 15th E license requirement will not be allowed to
coach in this Club the following year.
(c) Competitive coaching applicants must also be a currently licensed referee.
(d) Competitive Gold and Silver Coaches are paid Professional Coaches.
4. A Competitive head coach must make a reasonable long-term commitment to
continue with a team.
5. Bronze Division coaches (head and assistant) must be volunteers
6. A Division 1 or Division 3 head coach may be a head coach of only one Division 1 or
Division 3 team but may be the registered assistant coach on other teams.
7. Registered assistant coach applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
(a) Must have an F license.
(b) Must be a currently licensed referee.
(c) A competitive registered assistant coach may coach other teams.
(d) Must be fingerprinted and cleared through the club approved background check.
8. Assistant coach applications will not be accepted until after Division 1 and Division 3 team
rosters have been selected and formed.
9. The Director of Coaching will prepare a recommended list of coaches to the Board.
10. Challenges to the coach selection process can only be made on the grounds that the
committee misapplied the rules, regulations and/or By Laws of the CVSC.