1. TOPSoccer - The Outreach Program for Soccer that enables children under 19 with physical and/or intellectual disabilities to play soccer.
2. WHAT IS TOPSoccer ALL ABOUT?
- Our goal – provide an opportunity for ALL CHILDREN to play soccer
- Some children will not join Conventional Teams because
– Physically unable
– Learning challenges
– Administrative challenges- unable to place them on conventional teams
- We can provide the opportunity for them to play soccer
3. HOW IS TOPSoccer SIMILAR TO CONVENTIONAL TEAMS?
- Players are coached
– Taught skills / drills / game
– Taught to play as a team
- Have fun thru the game and joy of being on a team
- Players are registered
- Community based program, or local club or association
- Rewarding to everyone who participates
4. HOW IS TOPSoccer UNIQUE?
- Placed on teams by ability (not age)
- Games may be freely modified, MAKE IT WORK
- FIFA “Laws” are only guidelines - THROW INS, MORE THAN ONE CHANCE TO THROW IN
- Non-players may be on the field - COACH, BUDDY
- Rules may be adjusted
- Administrative procedures may be revised
5. WHY IS TOPSoccer IMPORTANT?
- Develop social skills
- Develop better motor coordination
- Improve communication skills
- Provide opportunity for exercise
6. WHO CAN PLAY?
- Any athlete is allowed to participate unless participation would be considered unsafe for the athlete!