CVSC Volunteer Program FAQs
1) Why do we have a volunteer fee?
Castro Valley Soccer Club is greatly dependent on the volunteer support of our membership to help enable a positive soccer experience for all of our players and families. In return for these volunteer efforts, the club offers to reimburse the entire volunteer fee.
2) How much is it? Volunteer fee is $40 per child for U7-U19 Recreational and Competitive Players. There is not a volunteer fee for Bumblebees, Grasshoppers or AFC players.
3) How do I get my $$ back?
There are many ways to volunteer for CVSC please see the job list below (line #9). The only requirement
is that you volunteer 2hrs for each child registered. On the Dibs website you will see the column titled "credits", one credit equals one hour.
4) How long will it take for me to receive my credit?
Once your hours are complete, you will be reimbursed via credit card or your original method of payment (check if you paid cash or check) within 30 business days.
5) How do I sign up?
You will need to create a, "Dibs" account with Sports Engine in order to sign up for volunteer jobs, (for comp families you should have a Sports Engine account, this is what you used for registration) this is also a way for us to track your hours. Once you create your account you will need to click below the Dibs Session Name (August 2017 Volunteers), to see the available volunteer opportunities. We will continue to add volunteer opportunities for future dates.
1. Create a Dibs login: http://castrovalleysoccer.sportngin.com/dib_sessions
2. Claim a Dibs Item (for users to sign up)
6) What does credit mean on Dibs?
On the Dibs website you will see the column titled "credits", one credit equals one hour of volunteer work, 2 credits = 2hrs and so on....
7) Do I need to add an athlete when I sign up to volunteer on Dibs.
If you have a Rec player, please choose your name. If you have a Comp player you will need to choose your child's name.
8) What if I don't do my hours?
While we encourage everyone to share in the volunteer experience, we understand that not all families are able to volunteer due to other commitments or schedule conflicts. To accommodate this, families may opt out of volunteering by forfeiting their fee.
9) What kind of jobs are there?
-Field set up and breakdown at Canyon, Vannoy and Proctor
-Soccer Celebration set up and take down
-Field Marshall during games
-Become a Referee
-Field Sweeping (monitor garbage and recycling during games)
-Coach, Assistant Coach and Team Parent (Rec)
-Assistant Coach, Team Manager and Treasurer (Comp)
-Parking at Canyon (weekly)
-Earthquake Ticket Sales
-Saturday Rec Drop in Sessions
10) What if I'm a coach, assistant coach or team manager for a rec team?
Up to three volunteer refunds will be given per team. Typically the head coach, the assistant coach and the team parent. The head coach can send an email to our volunteer coordinator and registrar to verify these individuals.
11) What if I'm an assistant coach, team manager or treasurer for a comp team?
Up to three volunteer refunds will be given per team. For comp, the assistant coach, the team manager and treasurer. The DOC, Andy, can send an email to our volunteer coordinator and registrar to
verify these individuals.
12) What if my team has more than 3 key volunteers?
There are many ways to volunteer, please refer to line #9 for the list of opportunities.
13) Do I need to check in and out with someone when I volunteer?
Yes, when you arrive for your volunteer assignment, you will need to check in and out with a CVSC board member on site.
14) Do I need to do anything after I volunteer?
After volunteering sign out with your point person... simple as that!
Contact: Jen Benson email@example.com
The Role of a Board of Member