For the 2010/2011 season there are going to be some changes from previous years. District ODP try-outs will take place as normal, but once players are selected they will be automatically invited to State try-outs in September. There will no longer be District ODP play dates like in the past. Please read on for more information.
District ODP Coordinator/Administrator
Head Evaluators 2010/2011 - Girls
98 Girls - Garry Agnew – USSF A License, UEFA B License
97 Girls - Rob Busa – NSCAA Advanced National Diploma, FA C License
96 Girls - Mark Nutter – NSCAA Premier Diploma, UEFA B License
95 Girls - Manish Doshi – USSF B License, NSCAA Advanced National Diploma, CYSA Instructor
Head Evaluators 2010/2011 - Boys
98 Boys - Steve Shott – NSCAA Premier Diploma, District 4 Coaching Director, CYSA Staff instructor, Coerver Staff Coach
97 Boys - Dan Chubbock – NSCAA Advanced National Diploma, FA C License
96 Boys - Don Villella – NSCAA National Diploma, CYSA Staff Instructor
95 Boys - Zach Sullivan – National C License
Season Try-Outs 2010/2011
You are invited to try-out for this season’s District IV ODP. This is the first step toward the State, Regional, and National ODP program. Here are the steps that will take place:
- All interested player’s try-out at the district level.
- A pool of players will be selected at each group (usually up to 20 players, but depends on skill level).
- This pool of players will automatically be invited to attend State ODP try-outs that will take place on the following dates:
- September 12 - Girls
- September 19 – Boys
- October 10 – Girls
- October 17 – Boys
- December 4 – Boys
- December 11 – Girls
- Please note that players will be dropped after each State try-out until the final State pool is left after the final try-out in December.
Try-Out Registration To register for try-outs please fill out the online registration form and fill out the medical waiver form:
You will need to bring the medical waiver with you to the first try-out.
Include a check for $15.00 paid to the order of “CYSA-North-D4”, with “ODP” written in the note area of the check. This covers district costs associated with district try-outs.
If you manage to make it through to State try-outs then there will be additional costs involved. This amount is still to be confimed, but will likely be between $75-$100.
- 98 Boys – June 6th – 9-10:30am, June 13th – 3-4:30pm
- 97 Boys – June 6th – 11am-12:30pm, June 13th – 1-2:30pm
- 96 Boys – June 6th – 1-2:30pm, June 13th – 11am-12:30pm
- 95 Boys – June 6th – 3-4:30pm, June 13th – 9-10:30am
- 98 Girls – June 6th – 3-4:30am, June 13th – 9-10:30am
- 97 Girls – June 6th – 1-2:30pm, June 13th – 11am-12:30pm
- 96 Girls – June 6th – 11am-12:30pm, June 13th – 1-2:30pm
- 95 Girls – June 6th – 9-10:30am, June 13th – 3-4:30pm
All try-outs will take place at Stonebrae Elementary School in Hayward. 28761 Hayward Blvd, Hayward, 94542
Age Grouping 2009/2010 ODP Age Matrix
ODP eligibility by birth year (not playing year)
Players are only allowed to try out for eligibility year:
- U13 - January 1 - December 31 1998
- U14 - January 1 - December 31 1997
- U15 - January 1 - December 31 1996
- U16 - January 1 - December 31 1995
Players are encouraged to attend as many sessions as possible to give coaches and their evaluators the maximum opportunity to see them play.
Registration form is now available.